About this blog

This blog is about the daily activities in a busy typewriter shop. I want to share with you the many interesting people who come in here, the beautiful machines I get and most of all the great typewriter stories that people share with me!

Friday, June 3, 2016

Corona No.3 Traveled The World In 1920's


BEFORE.....

and after.



Everyone is pleased with the transformation.

The last typewriter sold at Sears Dayton at start of WWII

Tag attached to typewriter by owner.

backside of tag.

Family from Nova Scotia bought this 1924 Corona Four.



Machine came with paper work, brush and oiler.



This 1932 Royal 10 is the best one I've ever seen!

These pictures don't do this machine justice.

1952 Royal QDL with Russian keyboard is being used by owner.

Sears Chevron is really a Royal Safari.

















                                                      THE END

8 comments:

  1. You make them all look factory new! Great work. Sure is nice to know the history of a typewriter. You should feel really special to be able to work on the ones owned by famous people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bill - Thanks for your generous comments. While it's fun to work on notable machines, the greatest pleasure by far is working on machines for young customers who are super excited about typing on their newly repaired typewriter.

      Delete
  2. I always try to get some of the back-story to machines I buy. Some have come from house clearance sales via a third party, so the story seems lost. And then you find a little name tag stuck on the inside of the ribbon cover and really, that's all you need to set the imagination off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If anyone would like to hear Roland Hayes, youtube has some recordings, like this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLya3Llq-vY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Janet, I'll check that out too!!

    Thanks Rob. I'm always asking for stories on machines that come in too! Usually people don't know but sometimes I get a beauty of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Corona 3's come up beautifully, don't they. I very much love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...the Royal 10 is indeed a beauty. I wish I had one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh...the Royal 10 is indeed a beauty. I wish I had one too.

    ReplyDelete